Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Approaching Maximum Capacity



This time I need to start with a bit of an apology. I was wrong about Dachau. The trip is this weekend and not last weekend. On the plus side, there is no way that anyone following this blog can be more disappointed than I was when I realized the mistake. Oh well, it will still be there on Saturday.....I hope. This was a rather uneventful weekend for me. I didn't go out much because I was a little sick for a few days, but I got lots of studying in. I also purchased my train tickets to Braunschweig and reserved a Hotel room for the five days I need it. After that, I am hoping, it will be easy for me to move into the student housing that I will be living in for the next 4 months.

As a quick break from the regular program, if you look to your right you will see the famous Munich Micheal Jackson Memorial. This is a very impressive memorial that was started and is maintained by MJ fans here in Munich. Okay, so it's a picture of flowers. The were growing right at the base of the Memorial so technically they could be construed... never-mind  I found the flowers more interesting than the Memorial. Sorry MJ lovers.

Back to business. Now I have been told by several people that my emotions will go through some natural and predictable ups and downs during my time abroad. The first crash is three hours after arrival  once your body has lost the adrenaline. The next is roughly three days later, which I most certainly experienced. I bring this up only because I am starting to feel really burned out. It is more difficult to learn new material, I am forgetting familiar words, and my brain feels as though it will collapse under the weight of the endless stream of new words, verb conjugations, and noun declensions. This is making even simple interactions very frustrating and I am hoping that this is just the three week dip and that I will rebound over the weekend ready to tackle the last week and, finally, Braunschweig. Tension is high, moral is a little low, but hope remains. As always, feel free to leave comments and any questions you have. Tschüss

No comments:

Post a Comment