Wednesday, July 31, 2013

No Returns Once Opened

Hey everyone, I am back in the USA and in one, relatively, functional piece. This will just be a short post this week, but I should be able to write more frequently once everything has settled a little bit. This post is mainly to let everyone know I am alive and none the worse for wear. There were no problems coming back, it was just a very long journey. After a good nights sleep and some good food, I am ready to start getting back into the swing of things here. That primarily means readjusting to the USA and getting everything squared away so that I can graduate and get a job.

I did not experience any difficulties but I may have just been lucky. For anyone traveling internationally in the future there is something you should be aware off. If you did not already know, most countries will permit you a 90 day stay with your USA Passport. Any longer than that and other arrangements have to be made. In my case, I had to file for a residence permit in the city of Braunschweig. Now, none of this is new information but here is the part you may not know., because I sure didn't. Upon your return to the USA, they say I was gone longer than 90 days and requested my paperwork. For me, I simply showed them the residence permit that I had received upon completion of all the paperwork and processing. I had no idea that they would want to see that, so I was very glad I had decided to hang onto it. So, just be aware that you may need your visa information on the return to the USA and not just during your stay. That's all for today. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment